Geraldine Borella writes fiction for children, young adults and adults. Her stories and poems have been published by Share Your Story Anthologies, Deadset Press, IFWG Publishing, Busybird Publishing, Celapene Press, Wombat Books/Rhiza Edge, AHWA/Midnight Echo, Antipodean SF, The School Magazine, House of Loki, Black Ink Fiction, Paramour Ink Fiction, Shacklebound Books and Raven & Drake Books. She lives in Far North Queensland, Australia, on Ngadjon-Jii land, amongst rainforest-fringed volcanic crater lakes, rolling green hills and waterfalls. As a young adult, she was so engrossed in a book one day that she almost burned down the house. Whoops!
Stories for Children and Young Adults
- The Possession of Sir Purrsalot and Camp Lake Dread in Spooktacular Stories – Thrilling Tales for Brave Kids – A Share Your Story Anthology
- Runner Up in 2018 Buzz Words Short Story Prize for Frog-Viking
- Honourable Mention in 2018 Just Write For Kids Pitch It! Competition for Middle Grade novel Amethystine Spark and The Accursed Harp
- Awarded ASA Mentorship 2018 for YA novel Bertie and The Black Hand
- Runner up in 2020 Just Write For Kids Pitch It! Competition
- Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe in Once Upon a WHOOPS! – Fractured Fairy tales and Ridiculous Rhymes – A Share Your Story Anthology
- Leaving My Heart Behind and Frog-Viking in The School Magazine, March 2022, Issue No 2 (in Orbit and Touchdown) NSW Dept of Education
- Traitor in Crossed Spaces – Young Adult fiction, Wombat Books/Rhiza Edge
- Silencing the Storm in The Opposite of Disappearing – Young Adult fiction, Wombat Books/Rhiza Edge
- The Big Alien – Monsters A-Z Aliens, Raven and Drake Books, UK
- Lost Soul in Dust Makers – Young Adult fiction, Wombat Books/Rhiza Edge
Stories for Adults
Speculative Flash Fiction RPXV, Restorative Justice and Taila2 – Antipodean SF Online and Podcast
Captain Banbury’s Proposal and Nasturtiums in Short and Twisted – Celapene Press
Achilles and the Maple Leaf in page seventeen – Busybird Publishing
The Hatchling in Midnight Echo Issue 16, Australian Horror Writers Association, Edited by Tim Hawken. Anthology shortlisted for AHWA Shadows Award
My Sweet Porcupette in Spawn – Weird Horror Tales about Pregnancy, Birth and Babies, IFWG Publishing, Edited by Deb Sheldon. Anthology shortlisted for Aurealis Award and AHWA Shadows Award. Winner of AHWA Shadows Award. An Aurealis Magazine’s Top Pick of 2021.
There’ll Be No Peace Tonight – Honourable Mention in 2021 NYC Midnight 100 word Flash Fiction final
Ghosts of the Inland Sea, Deadset Press, Where The Weird Things Are Vol 1 – Adult Speculative Fiction
Hand and Heart in Midnight Echo Issue 17, Australian Horror Writers Association, Edited by Greg Chapman
You must be logged in to post a comment.